NRA Law Enforcement Instructor Adam strange will report on our recent maxed out Self-Defense Level 1 Class at Three Brothers Arms in Stapleton. Judge Rusty Johnston and Adam Strange will discuss proposed laws, upcoming court cases, and other threats to YOUR fundament Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
We are especially concerned about “NO GUNS” signs on buildings other than those specified in Section 13A-11-62.1 Code of Alabama, which (other than federally designated areas such as federal courthouses, within the passenger areas of an airport, etc.) are the ONLY areas which are designated to be established as “gun free zones”.
1. Inside the building of a police, sheriff, or highway patrol station.
2. Inside or on the premises of a prison, jail, halfway house, community corrections facility, or other detention facility for those who have been charged with or convicted of a criminal or juvenile offense.
3. Inside or on the premises of a facility which provides inpatient or custodial care of those with psychiatric, mental, or emotional disorders.
4. Inside a courthouse, courthouse annex, a building in which a District Attorney’s office is located, or a building in which a county commission or city council is currently having a regularly scheduled or specially called meeting.
5. Inside any facility hosting an athletic event not related to or involving firearms which is sponsored by a private or public elementary or secondary school or any private or public institution of postsecondary education, unless the person has a permit issued under Section 13A-11-75(a)(1) (regular Alabama Pistol Permit) or recognized under Section 13A-11-85 (a CCW recognized by Alabama).
6. Inside any facility hosting a professional athletic event not related to or involving firearms, unless the person has a permit issued under Section 13A-11-75(a)(1) (regular Alabama Pistol Permit) or recognized under Section13A-11-85 (a CCW recognized by Alabama).
6(b) Causes the most confusion. You also may not carry a firearm into any facility, other than the one’s above (not accounting for federally designated areas) even with an Alabama Pistol Permit or a CCW recognized by Alabama, which have complied with this Code section:
1. Without the express permission of a person or entity with authority over the premises, knowingly possess or carry a firearm inside any building or facility: A) To which access of unauthorized persons and prohibited articles is limited during normal hours of operation by the continuous posting of guards; AND THE USE OF OTHER SECURITY FEATURES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO magnetometers, key cards, biometric screening devices, or turnstiles or other physical barriers. Around the State libraries, museums, art galleries, and city annexes which clearly do not conform to the law have just posted “No Guns” or “No Firearms” signs. Some Public Officials have printed signs for anyone to post, bearing the public officials’ name and seal which claim to designate the area as a “NO GUN” or “NO OPEN CARRY” area.
If you have any clear photos of signs that are posted where they should not be or of these fake signs printed by some Public Officials send them to:
firstname.lastname@example.org Tell us the location and when the photo was taken and if you don’t mind (not required) your contact information in case we need more information.
Listen to the show